Saturday, August 18, 2007

Exploring today

Today I went to the Poets Seat Tower. It was cool. Beautiful view of Greenfield. Then I decided to drive down the Mohawk Trail. It runs by my house and goes to Shelburne Falls. I felt strange at first going my myself, but got used to it fast. There is a bridge in Shelburne Falls called the flower bridge. It is pretty. I took this picture there.



It is a very pretty little town. I would like to go back there and walk on main street and go in all the cute little shops.

I also took the picture...I wish my front yard looked like this!



After looking at the bridge I was walking back to my car, I saw these pretty houses up the road. I decided to walk up the hill and look at them. One had a huge sun flower in the front yard. The biggest one I have ever seen. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want people to think I was taking pictures of their house. The neighborhood was so pretty. It hit me as I was walking how far from home I am and how far away my family is.

I also thought about how I sat in that office day after day in total turmoil and stress, all along this calm peaceful, beautiful neighborhood was sitting here. Day after day I thought of the contrast, I felt a feeling of wastefulness on my part.

Waisting my time and life, there used to be a reason for me to be in that kind of job and life. To take care of my family. But I think I lingered there too long and wasted some of my precious time.

Well I guess nothing is wasted, everything happens the way it is supposed to. I just wish I would have been enjoying my time in some New England village, wallowing in its peace and calmness instead of toiling away for meaningless nothingness. It probably strengthened me in someway, made me more appreciative of beautiful calm things :-)


Then I went home to Greenfield MA

No comments: