Thursday, September 13, 2007

Contest


This is my submission to the first contest we are having here at Hallmark. The topic is Childhood Fears. I had other ideas in mind, but this is the one I could make happen. It is the boogie man...that is really me with a strobe going off in my face, and I have make up on. It is just for fun. A way for us to keep our minds creative while working on all this technical stuff.

We had 2 assignments to shoot recently. Using the Mamiya 645 and film...yes that is correct film. It was challenging because I have never used a light meter before. Regardless of how the pictures turn out and what grade I get, I feel I learned a lot from the assignment.

I have been shooting for Maxpreps here in the New England area. I have made a few sales already. Makes me want to shoot more when I get sales. So this weekend I am planning on shooting 2 football games and one volley ball game. We will see if I pull it off.

It is getting cooler here, but still not cold. That is good.

I cant wait for more time at school, I love it sooooo much. I love every minute of it. Can't get enough of it!

I have some interviews I have to do. I am thinking of getting to the games early and see if I can find some people to interview. I am trying to be as proactive as possible. We have interview strangers, and ask them what they think photographers. And if they had any experience with photographers..if so what. And other stuff too...I don't want to type it all :-)

Well I am off, I need to get my beauty sleep tonight. We are getting photographed for our professional portraits tomorrow, kind of like school pictures, we have to get dressed up and look good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to write Jacquie. I love to read these postings. Vicarious school is better than no school at all. I'm so happy for you. Love, Margo